Bathrooms see a lot of everyday usage in every home. This makes them ideal upgrade candidates: no one wants to take a bath in a dingy, outdated bathroom or shower in a cramped, mildew-infested stall. If your bathroom needs renovation, consider contacting bathroom contractors near me.
Although you might be interested in renovating your outdated washroom, just one stumbling block that prevents homeowners from embarking on this project is the cost associated with the project! However, if you don’t know already, bathroom remodeling schemes can be managed under all types of budgets.
What to Expect on Average?
According to online outlets, a bathroom remodel or redesign can cost anything approximately from $6,500 to $70,000, based on square feet, labor, and any high-end fixtures and amenities. According to the NKBA (National Kitchen and Bath Association), homeowners invested an average of $32,000 on bathroom renovations in 2019.
This is nearly twice as much as they would have expended on a powder room ($12,000) or guest bathroom ($18,000). We’ll go through those bathroom remodeling costs and style patterns so you can figure out how to get the most bang for your buck.
Costs of a Bathroom Remodeling
A bathroom renovation costs about $35,000, which works out to around $875 per square foot for a 40-foot bathroom and $350 per square foot for a 100-square-foot bathroom. The estimated cost of remodeling a 100-square-foot bathroom is $20,000.
This includes the following:
- Replacing plumbing and electrical systems
- Installing wall and floor tile, including fitting a new tub/shower, toilet, faucets, cabinets, countertop, fridge, and linen tower.
This equates to about $200 per square foot.
- The cost of a partial bathroom remodeling ranges from $3,000 to $10,000. Here, fresh tile, tub, and sink are included. For around $500 to $3,000, you can replace both the sink and toilet.
- You can expect to spend somewhere around $6,500 for a small bathroom remodel.
- A 40-square-foot bathroom (approximately 85 feet) costs about $163 per square foot to renovate. The cost of labor and fixtures will range from $1,500 to $15,000 or more.
- DIYers can expect to pay about $70 per square foot, while approved contractors and high-end fixtures can lead to $250 per square foot in expense.
$21,4000 for a Mid-Range Bathroom Remodel
The renovation costs around $21,400, or $611 per square foot, and includes new vanity and sink, a recessed medicine cabinet with lighting, a 3060-inch porcelain-on-steel tub surrounded by single-lever temperature, 444-inch ceramic tile, and pressure-balanced controls in the shower.
$67,000 for a High-End Bathroom Renovation
The higher the price tag, the bigger the space, and the more upscale available for the fixtures and features. An upscale bathroom remodel that involves converting a 35-square-foot bathroom to a 100-square-foot bathroom costs about $67,000, or $670 per square foot.
Now that you have an idea about the bathroom remodeling costs, you can decide what works best for you. If you’re confused, for bathroom remodeling near me, please feel free to reach Marina Baron European Design Inc. at 604-299-2444.